1) Women will continue to love over-priced cupcakes.
2) StockTwits will IPO as a Chinese Rare Earth Solar Biotech stock and gain +300% on its first day!
3) SodaStream ($SODA) might end up being a fad, but I’ve seen fads run for a long time. I wouldn’t be surprised if they announce a distribution deal with Walmart, Target, etc. at some point in 2011. The stock is currently at $31.40…it could double from here.
4) Beyonce will get pregnant and Jay-Z will have 100 problems.
5) Molycorp ($MCP) is a real story. The company could potentially earn $4.00-$6.00 in earnings by 2013. When the stock was at $37, I almost tweeted that it was my best idea for 2011…but I was too busy trading it. I recently sold it near $50 and I will look to buy it back at a safer entry point. It is currently at $49.30…it could double from here.
6) Howard Lindzon will run for President, he might even run a marathon…either way, he’ll be chasing a Kenyan.
7) Lindsay Lohan will go back to rehab and cocaine futures will plummet.
8) There will be a bubble in people calling for bubbles.
9) Jazz Pharmaceuticals ($JAZZ) could be the next blockbuster drug company. They develop drugs to treat obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, restless leg syndrome and excessive daytime sleepiness…basically, what every trader suffers from. In all honesty, a few of my ex’s would make for a great clinical trial, LOL! The stock is currently at $20…it could double from here.
10) The market will go up and people will complain. The market will go down and people will complain. Bottom line: Everyone loves to whine…but real winners do something about it and the losers just keep complaining.
I will leave you with one final note and then a quote from Jesse Livermore. If you trade any of these ideas, PLEASE USE STOPS! So many traders love to criticize when someone recommends a stock and it goes down. What they really should be doing is criticizing themselves for not having a sell discipline. Remember…MAKE THESE IDEAS YOUR OWN! In other words, if they are too speculative for you, don’t trade them! Good luck in 2011!
“There is nothing new on Wall Street or in stock speculation. What has happened in the past will happen again, and again, and again. This is because human nature does not change, and it is human emotion, solidly built into human nature, that always gets in the way of human intelligence. Of this I am sure.” — Jesse Livermore
Follow me on Twitter @jfahmy
Follow me on StockTwits @jfahmy