In this weekend’s show, I discuss 3 topics: 1) Two ways to try and outperform the market 2) The number one sign of a healthy market and 3) Many strong charts and sectors that are contributing to this broad based rally. The purpose of the show is to pass along some of my experiences from 17 years of trading, and to provide education and market commentary. If you have any questions, you can email me directly at [email protected]. Thank you for watching and good luck trading!
Over the years, as I built a presence on Twitter and StockTwits, many people approached me about managing their assets. The only investment vehicle I had setup was a hedge fund. That structure was fine because it was mainly my money, some friends, and family. As more outside investors wanted to get involved, I needed to change my structure for the following reasons:
1) Transparency. My number one priority was to give investors 100% transparency and visibility. Specifically: Access to trades, positions, and balances in real-time.
2) Retirement accounts. Most people have a 401k at their job which is managed by their Plan Administrator. When people leave their job, they are allowed to rollover their funds into an IRA account, however, they usually don’t have anyone to manage it for them. My new structure allows for both taxable and retirement accounts.
3) Custody. I was looking for a reputable custodian that offered a platform to make trading simple for me. In other words, I wanted to make one trade that would get allocated proportionally to all the accounts.
4) No lock-up period. Because the accounts are under the client’s name, they have the ability to leave or add money whenever they want.
5) One-man shop. Potential investors would often ask me: “What happens if you get hit by a bus?” I would tell them “I don’t take the bus,” but they never found that answer to be funny.
The bottom line: I wanted a structure to give people comfort with their investments.
I recently moved to New York City and partnered with Zor Capital, LLC. Frank Zorrilla, the firm’s founder, already had the structure in place that I was looking for, and it was a homerun to join his firm. Zor Capital provides managed accounts for accredited investors and institutions. If you would like more information, please email me at [email protected] or visit the company’s website.
Subscribe to our RSS FeedThe Latest
All Traders Should Focus On One Goal
Posted by Joe Fahmy on May 16th, 2013 at 1:17 pm, Comments: 0
Everyone has a different approach when it comes to the market. Some people play the long side, the short side, options, commodities, futures, currencies, etc. [...]
Tickers: Joe Fahmy
Don’t Trade If Your Head Is Not Clear
Posted by Joe Fahmy on May 14th, 2013 at 8:26 pm, Comments: 0
This past week or so has been great for momentum traders. It’s finally nice to see growth stocks breakout consistently and move higher. I have [...]
Tickers: Joe Fahmy
VIDEO: The Next Big Move – Broad Based Rally
Posted by Joe Fahmy on May 12th, 2013 at 12:47 am, Comments: 0
In this weekend’s show, I discuss 3 topics: 1) Some follow up points to last week’s show 2) Ways to prevent nervous trading and 3) [...]
Paul Tudor Jones – 60 Minutes Interview
Posted by Joe Fahmy on May 5th, 2013 at 8:42 pm, Comments: 0
I am a huge fan of studying success. Why? Because success leaves clues. In other words, if you are looking to be successful at something, [...]
VIDEO: The Next Big Move – Stick With The Trend
Posted by Joe Fahmy on May 4th, 2013 at 6:14 pm, Comments: 0
In this weekend’s show, I discuss 3 topics: 1) Liquidity 2) Uptrend vs. Downtrend and 3) The subtle differences I have noticed in the market’s [...]
Learn To Think For Yourself
Posted by Joe Fahmy on April 30th, 2013 at 6:49 pm, Comments: 0
I received 5 emails recently all saying the same thing: “I see that you are invested in the market and mentioning stocks on StockTwits and [...]
VIDEO: The Next Big Move – Making Adjustments
Posted by Joe Fahmy on April 28th, 2013 at 7:02 pm, Comments: 0
In this weekend’s show, I discuss 2 ways to make adjustments to the current market volatility. The purpose of the show is to pass along [...]
Where Do We Go From Here?
Posted by Joe Fahmy on April 25th, 2013 at 7:53 pm, Comments: 0
There’s definitely been a theme of choppiness in the stock market recently. If you go back to late February 2013, it looked like the rally [...]
Joseph Fahmy is the managing director at Zor Capital, LLC, a New York based investment management firm. Joe has over 17 years of trading experience...More »